Photograph

Nikolai Grebenko

1986 (4) 1947 (5) saint nicholas (1) soviet era (1) soviet union (1) propaganda (2) orthodox church (1)

After WW2, the Orthodox church remained open and the services continued despite the atheist propaganda of the Soviet era. In 1947, the church was given a new name, the Church of Saint Nicholas. The church bells have tolled ever since Pentecost 1986.

...
...
...