A chimneyless hut from Petravaara, Tohmajärvi was transported to the Vakkosalmen park in 1913. Plans for an extensive, nation-wide outdoor museum for the Vakkosalmi park area began to take shape in the early 1930s. The logs of a granary were transported to the park from Suistamo in the 1930s, and a site was prepared for a granary obtained by the Eastern Karelia Agricultural Society from Elisenvaara in Kurkijoki. The Regional Council of Ladoga Karelia was asked to undertake the maintenance of the Vakkosalmi Outdoor Museum. This arrangement was agreed upon, but not yet implemented before the war. The town of Sortavala did, however, donate a section of Vakkosalmi park for the outdoor museum in summer 1937. A total of ten buildings had been planned for an area of approximately two hectares, but the chimneyless hut remained the only structure moved to the outdoor museum.
Полное описание предмета