When the Orthodox church became a cathedral in 1925, the main iconostasis was replaced with the iconostasis from the Vyburg Markovilla bishop's house. The photo of the iconostasis was taken in the 1930s.
The designer of the Orthodox church of Sortavala, architect Nikolai Grebenko, was also responsible for the designing of the original iconostasis for the church. The iconostasis, cut and gilded according to Grebenko's drawings, was made by K. Serebrjakov, purveyor of Grand Duke Constantine. The writings in the icons were created by academic and artist Pavel Shiltsov.