The church building survived the Winter War (1939-1940) without damages. The bells were evacuated to Finland. The largest of them (1000 kg in weight) disappeared from the Jyväskylä warehouse. In spring 1940, the iconostasis was dismantled, and the Soviet officials turned the building into as stable. Before withdrawing in August 1941, Russian soldiers mined the entrance to the church, but Finnish pioneers were able to clear the mines. From autumn 1941 to summer 1943, the Peter and Paul church was under renovation after a complete destruction of its interior. The current concrete floor with black granite patterns that was cast to replace the destroyed parquet dates from this period. In August 1943, the dedication of the church was performed for a second time by Arch Bishop Herman.
Полное описание предмета