When the Sortavala residents returned to the town in autumn 1941 after their first evacuation, the church bell of the burned down Lutheran church was nowhere to be found. The parish would have purchased a new one, but no offers were made by craftsmen. The photo shows the bell-ringer and the replacement bell tower erected in the place of the church. In a spirit of ecumenism, the Orthodox parish was kind enough to lend its bell to the Lutherans. After the destruction of the Lutheran church, the services of the Sortavala town parish were held in Hospitz and the services of the Sortavala rural parish at the building of the Evangelical Society.
Полное описание предмета