In 1945, the agricultural university (comvuz) that had operated in the lyceum building during the truce returned to it. The school produced professionals such as agronomists, cattle tenders, veterinarians and land surveyors. In the new fields of study introduced in 1949 included automatisation and the electrification of agriculture, and the following year a department of distance education was opened. Komvuz was integrated into the Petroskoi Veterinarian Institute in 1956. The educational institution was transformed into a sovkhoz institution in 1970, when it was integrated into the Vpered Sovkhoz. At the turn of the millennium, the agricultural institute of Sortavala, an autonomic institution owned by the state, was established. Its main building is located at Gagarininkatu 13. One of the school's two buildings is the former lyceum. In 2009, further reforms were carried out: The Sortavala Agricultural School and the Sortavala Commercial College were merged into the Sortavala College of the State Vocational Institution.